History

LUKAS HISTORY

2018-21

Move of the Warehouse from Düsseldorf to Annonay (France)

2016

F.I.L.A Group took over the Group Daler-Rowney - LUKAS.

2012-13

Acquisition of LUKAS-Nerchau GmbH by Daler-Rowney Ltd and move of production to Bracknell (England).

2009

Acquisition of the “Nerchau Painting and Artist‘s Paints” in Nerchau close to Leibzig from the Deutschen Amphibolin-Werken (DAW).

2004

Development and licensing of the BOB ROSS Oil color range for the american television painter.

1999

Development of LUKAS Berlin as first water-mixable oil color on the European continent, which is comparable in its properties (consistency, drying and thinning behaviour) with a traditional oil paint.

1998

Management taken over by Mr. Hubertus Heusgen, the great-great-nephew of the company founder.

1987

125 year celebration, the management was taken over by J.H. van Beek as the first external manager.

1964

Development of LUKAsCRYL as first acrylic paint in mainland Europe.

1960

Move into the newly constructed production and office premises in the Harff street 40.

1955

Death of Dr. Edward Talbot. Christa Talbot took over the management of the company.

1951

Move to the reconstructed main building at the Adler street – Pempelforter street.

1945

Production began to a modest extent in Düsseldorf-Heerdt again.

1943

Destruction of production and office building by bomb explosure. Production continued in the alternative facilities in Forchheim / Ofr. and Viersen. The management remained in Düsseldorf.

1919

Dr. Eduard Talbot, the nephew of Paul Schoenfeld, took over the management.

1911

Death of founder Dr. Fr. Schoenfeld, who left his extensive art collection of 150 paintings of the Düsseldorf School of Painting to the museum „Kunstpalast”.

1907

 Kommerzienrat Dr. Franz Schoenfeld transfered the management of the company to his son, Paul Schoenfeld.

Ca. 1900

Introduction of Saint LUKAS in the new logo of the company. St Lukas is the patron protector of the painters - mentioned already in the Middle Ages as the patron of the Dutch Guild of St Lukas. (The logo was designed by Prof. Gebhard, Düsseldorf)

1892

Move to the company headquarters in the Adler street - Pempelforter street opposite of the “Düsseldorfer Malkasten” Düsseldorf Paint Box club house (art association). Meeting place of artists in Düsseldorf.

/about

1862

The company was founded on October 18th by Mr. Kommerzienrat (councillor of commerce) Dr. Franz Schoenfeld. First production facilities were in the Bismarck street.